Objectives: Aside from representing the interests of its members, GEOkomm helps understand the technical, economic and social relevance of geoinformation. The network promotes active and continuous development of the market of geodata through constructive dialogue between the economy, administration, politics and science, which primarily covers the following topics:
- Setting up networks between geodata market players to encourage innovation
- Drawing up strategies to further the development of the geodata market
- Measuring the potential added value geodata could bring to fields of application specific to sectors or spanning several areas
- Establishing a suitable framework for cooperation between the economy, science and administration, as well as for resulting business models
- Promoting continued progress of science, research and development in Berlin and Brandenburg scientific institutions
- Promoting regional, national and international exchange of experiences
Activities: The organisation’s on-going priority is to launch networks which focus on innovation within their field of expertise. It primarily supports SMEs in gaining new research partners and in receiving funding to help implement R&D projects. It also provides essential support to help implement projects. At present, five of these networks exist, incorporating altogether 64 companies and research partners:
- iP4GNSS (innovation platform for GNSS technologies)
- 3D-Punktwolke (development of technologies to help use 3D point clouds efficiently)
- SiBeL (security and user-friendliness of unmanned non-military aeroplanes)
- ProWear (development of functional equipment combinations for creating efficient work, production and medical processes)
- MOVIA (navigation technologies and services for optimising pedestrian routing in public areas and in buildings)
In addition, events are organised regularly to exchange experiences and gain political support. Along with the German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ) in Potsdam, the organisation serves as a ‘Copernicus Relay’, a point of contact and support for the use of satellite data from the EU’s Copernicus Programme (the only business-based establishment in the federal state).
Number of network partners: 82
Berlin-Brandenburg boasts an outstanding creative and media landscape with a wealth of companies that operate successful facilities in the region. The structure of the media network perfectly matches the requirements of the sector. Cross-media use of content facilitates collaboration between companies active in the film, TV, publishing, Internet, computer game, mobile telecommunications and IT industries.
This network, run by the association media.net berlinbrandenburg, is aimed at supporting the region’s media SMEs in the long term. Network members benefit from excellent contacts and a wealth of events for communication with companies in various industries and regions. media.connect Brandenburg generates synergies through cooperation with other networks and several institutions, including state agencies and educational institutions in Brandenburg.
The network is aimed at promoting the region in the long term through networking, communication events and activities tailored to the needs of the media and ICT industries. Its priorities are as follows:
- Preserving and developing the viability and competitive edge of the media and ICT industry in Berlin and Brandenburg.
- Consolidating and broadening the industry’s added value.
- Sharpening the profile of the German Capital Region as a media and ICT location.
SIBB region is the network for the IT and Internet sector in Brandenburg. It aims to connect up the sector in Brandenburg and thus increase visibility beyond state borders. The network promotes exchange, cooperation and knowledge growth at numerous events. Special events such as the SIBB region Roadshow or after-work meetings bring together companies in different regions of Brandenburg.
SIBB region is part of SIBB e.V., the association for the IT and Internet sector in the capital region.